My Line 6 DL-4 is done for. I want something new

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:45 pm

i only ever use my DL-4 as a looper since shortly after i bought it.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

Meriphew
deaf.

Post by Meriphew » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:48 am

I have a Line 6 DL4, Eventide Timefactor, and a Diamond Memory Lane on my pedalboard. I love all of them, and they all make unique sounds.

Just a little FYI - If you search the Harmony Central FX forum, there was a thread that detailed how to open up and fix various problems with dead DL4 pedals. It seemed as though there were a few people who resurrected their DL4's using that info.

gregovertone
takin' a dinner break

Post by gregovertone » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:23 am

the first thing to try is to take it apart...

when you see the microchip---you need to pop it out. not the whole housing, just the chip itself. a small allen key worked for me.

it will reset it. you'll lose your presets, but it does breathe some life back into it.

ubermensch
audio school

Post by ubermensch » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:45 pm

I absolutely adore the T-Rex replica, but that is a hefty investment. If you can still get it, the T.C. Electronic Vintage Delay is pretty much the same pedal but is a little less expensive.

I've got a DD-20 and I've had that for four years of constant gigging abuse. Say what you want about Boss pedals, but they are the Volvos of the pedal world. It's a very useful pedal too.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:53 pm

ubermensch wrote:Say what you want about Boss pedals, but they are the Volvos of the pedal world. It's a very useful pedal too.
indeed, i have a few Boss pedals i've been using since the mid-80s and they're still going without a single failure.

most of the things i use are newer, tho.

on the other end, all the EHX pedals i bought in the early to mid 80s, including some at the time gently used 70s ones, have ALL bitten the dust.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

casey campbell
buyin' a studio

Post by casey campbell » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:34 am

have you tried a factory reset?

plug in your quarter inch cable, hold down and a and d buttons.

plug the power in, you'll see it cycle back and forth, and boom it's reset. you'll lose your user settings, but it's worth a try...

Brett Siler
moves faders with mind

Post by Brett Siler » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:59 pm

I tried reseting it and it worked kinda but still acting a little funky. I might take it to a local tech around here...

chovie d
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by chovie d » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:50 am

Ive been afraid to buy a used one cause so many seem to b reak down exactly when the warranty expires. That and they are so freaking large.
Sounds great tho..me still want!
me make purty musick!