Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Post by @?,*???&? » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:02 pm

xonlocust
tinnitus

Post by xonlocust » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Marc Alan Goodman wrote:I've used CD baby just for digital before, but it took them a LONG time to get the stuff up. I haven't had such positive experiences with the orchard either. I know this is a bit of a nay-sayers post but I'm certainly interested in tunecore, and I"ll let everyone know how it goes for me. I just released the new model barbers album on vinyl, and it's time to get some digital going.
i use tunecore for cds/regular dig distro - but since you mentioned vinyl (which i'm also doing) - there's also http://bandcamp.com/ - they're not a dig distributor per se, but for vinyl people - you can generate DL coupons to put in the LP so those people can get a free mp3 copy. then use tunecore et al for 'traditional' dig distro.

another option for the vinyl though is something like dropcards.com - little fancier/more expensive.

i've been w'tunecore about a year now, so far very pleased. this will be my 2nd release through them.

DryCounty
buyin' a studio

Post by DryCounty » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:10 am

I might as well continue this thread as a response to my thread http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopi ... highlight= ... really, really like what Bandcamp does.

I use CD Baby and have for years. They seem to offer a higher rate for digital stuff than their competitors and there are so many out there but the big two are Amazon and iTunes.

Bandcamp looks extremely solid -- I'm in the process of uploading both our previous recordings and think this will fit in nicely with the way we're planning to release the next record.

I'm worried what their charges will be once their VF runs out...? Amazing that they don't take a thing for hosting such massive amounts of content.
"I would imagine that the inside of a bottle of cleaning fluid is fucking clean." -Hedberg
-----
Tulsa Drone
Dry County Records ? Richmond, Virginia
twitter: drycounty