Most deluded sap ever.

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

tubetapexfmr
steve albini likes it

Most deluded sap ever.

Post by tubetapexfmr » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:26 am

This guy has posted several times here locally. I get a good laugh each time. I particularly enjoy the complete lack of typing, spelling, and conjugation skills. Enjoy.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/msg/1072824900.html

http://asheville.craigslist.org/msg/1075249534.html

http://asheville.craigslist.org/msg/1081767004.html

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:52 am

So are you getting one?
www.organissimo.org
organissimo - Dedicated (new CD)
"This shitty room is making your next hit record, bitch!"

blackdiscoball
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by blackdiscoball » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:01 am

I dont see any reason why someones first guitar they ever built couldn't compete with a world class guitar builder? Im calling prince now, Im sure hes down with it. He played some guitars like that during the 80's so maybe he is feeling nostalgic!
myspace.com/blackdiscoballstudio/

ballpein
pushin' record

Post by ballpein » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:08 am

So awesome. So deluded. I'd say it was a hoax if I hadn't met a few of these guys in real life. I love that there's no mention of woods, electronics...

The instructables links are really funny too - he basically hijacks some guys' thread to post pics of his guitars.

next time you all are in a store that sells spray paint find the black krylon hammered finish for painting on plastic. says it's pretty much chip-proof after a week of dry time. between that stuff and the nitro i'm hoping i'll get a good rock hard finish. i just hope the body won't be hindered from delivering a good tone. but i guess as long as the potential customer has good gear it should sound great anyway. i can't believe i did such an awesome job. i don't mean to brag, i just didn't know i had it in me to build it to look the does in the original sketch. i'm just blown away at what i've done . i just can't believe it.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:14 am

*shakes stick at groupie*

*gets tasered and arrested*
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

Smitty
tinnitus

Post by Smitty » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:15 am

god bless the invisible hand of a free market economy.
"I try to hate all my gear equally at all times to keep the balance of power in my favor." - Brad Sucks

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:17 am

Smitty wrote:god bless the invisible hand of a free market economy.
picking our pockets and groping our wives and girlfriends?
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

Smitty
tinnitus

Post by Smitty » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:20 am

RefD wrote:
Smitty wrote:god bless the invisible hand of a free market economy.
picking our pockets and groping our wives and girlfriends?
nah, the other one... the one that goes all "Survival of the Fittest" on ill-conceived business plans.
"I try to hate all my gear equally at all times to keep the balance of power in my favor." - Brad Sucks

Nate Dort
tinnitus

Post by Nate Dort » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:26 am

he was right. I just cried and died.

tubetapexfmr
steve albini likes it

Post by tubetapexfmr » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:27 am

I am pretty sure this guy will sell exactly zero guitars in his lifetime unless he finds a time machine that transports you to Bill and Ted's Excellent Alternate 1987.

Great quotes from the builder...
i ahve around 13 more designs that make this one look like total garbage
i'm doing something different with knobs, i hate the factory ones. like franklin lloyd wright i design everything down to the last detail
does anyone know if the clear nitrocellulose finish will bond to ordinary spray paint like krylon.
i can't believe i did such an awesome job. i don't mean to brag, i just didn't know i had it in me to build it to look the does in the original sketch. i'm just blown away at what i've done . i just can't believe it.
We can't believe it either.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:47 am

jessemesasavage wrote:
i'm doing something different with knobs, i hate the factory ones. like franklin lloyd wright i design everything down to the last detail
IIRC, Frank Lloyd Wright's buildings are notoriously expensive to maintain and cost loads to keep from collapsing or otherwise falling apart.

dsw
tinnitus

Post by dsw » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:35 am

I wonder if he isn't maybe a little autistic. There's a disconnect with reality there and no ability to compare his work with true pro work. He has no filter. What pops into his head comes out his mouth.

I admire his passion though. A lot of people spend their time watching TV and drinking beer on the couch.

*turns off tv and puts down beer*
"Analog smells like thrift stores. Digital smells like tiny hands from far away." - O-it-hz

musicians are fuckers, but even worse are people who like musicians, they're total fuckers.

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:49 am

RefD wrote:
jessemesasavage wrote:
IIRC, Frank Lloyd Wright's buildings are notoriously expensive to maintain and cost loads to keep from collapsing or otherwise falling apart.
Also, because he was short, all his furniture that he made you buy with his houses was really uncomfortable.

Hmmm. He makes a good point though. I gotta figure out what I'm "The Frank Loyd Wright" of.
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

Chris_Avakian
steve albini likes it

Post by Chris_Avakian » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:58 am

so, can we post youtube videos on here, or would we just get to carried away with that? cuz i got this great clip that would have been perfect for this thread...

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:08 am

FRIZEYED wrote:so, can we post youtube videos on here, or would we just get to carried away with that? cuz i got this great clip that would have been perfect for this thread...
i won't complain.