Paypal not my pal.

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

calaverasgrandes
ghost haunting audio students

Post by calaverasgrandes » Mon May 04, 2009 12:12 pm

Maybe I should talk to my developer friends about startign the facebook of ebay or some shit.
??????? wrote: "everything sounds best right before it blows up."

danno2
audio school graduate

Post by danno2 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:49 am

My most recent bizarre moment with USPS was- I needed a part in a hurry from a place that only ships via USPS. So I pay for overnight delivery. The mail guy, ( a good guy BTW) who normally comes to my house everyday and leaves ALL KINDS of stuff just sitting on my front steps next to my mailbox, now apparently is required to get a signature. (It wasn't even an item of value) I'm not home at that moment. so he must now leave me a yellow slip. This says I can now drive 8 miles to go PICK IT UP MYSELF at the post office ON THE FOLLOWING DAY(!), even though I have clearly paid extra for this envelope to be OVERNIGHTED to my house.

All he needed to do was leave it along with all my other mail he delivered that day... I understand policies and such, but on a common sense level this is just mind numbing.

Crazy.

calaverasgrandes

Post by calaverasgrandes » Tue May 05, 2009 11:21 am

I get the impression that most people that work at USPS are decent people, overburdened by bureaucracy. I also get the impression that most folks that work for UPS are ex-cons with substance abuse problems and no accountability. I could go on and on about the sadistic behavior of UPS drivers. Then when you try to get some justice for their abuse. You find out there apparently is no supervisor or manager that you can contact.

redshift108
audio school graduate

Post by redshift108 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:19 am

I dont remember whether this was UPS or USPS but many years ago I went through a very frustrating ordeal where a nice, and expensive, piece of gear that I had ordered got delivered to the high school across the street from where I lived. These guys had been delivering packages to my address for years. But, their excuse was that this high school use to have my address. That was BS because I lived in an apartment. Luckily the workers at the high school were honest and returned my package to the deliverer. And, it only took an extra couple of days for me to get it.
Help me, I need more money to buy gear!

calaverasgrandes

Post by calaverasgrandes » Thu May 07, 2009 12:39 am

I have been screwed by USPS before. But when I got messed over by them it was always a case of someone making a stupid mistake. Then their supervisor covering their asses. I suppose if I worked in such a customer service oriented industry I would appreciate that.
UPS seems to actually be staffed by crooks. And PAYPAL they are terrifying in their passionless cruelty. I just dont get companies like UPS, Paypal and AT&T that seem to thrive on sadistic abuse of their customer base.
Okay paypal is a virtual monopoly. But AT&T, is fighting verizon everywhere in the US. Fedex is right on top of UPS. They have gotten UPS to relegate itself to being the cheap brand!
I am gonna struggle. Gosh it will be hard, but somehow I am going to move forward in life without Paypal. I will also be telling UPS and AT&T to take a flying.

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Thu May 07, 2009 1:16 am

Though I agree with many of the sentiments in this thread, it is pretty clear that this is not the place for this "discussion."

Thanks.