Do you feel the need for a clean axe?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

BOWIE
alignin' 24-trk

Post by BOWIE » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:41 pm

I'll give most of mu guitars a wipe-down and I'll even polish my Ibanez Jems and Gibby LP every time but I NEVER clean my Telecaster. It's gotta stay funky.

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:53 pm

mingus2112 wrote: I guess it's another personal preference thing. . .but I just like my gear clean. I even wash my hands before I play. . .and yes. . .even gigs. . .even rock gigs!

-J
Oh yeah, I wash my hands before I play, definitely. Can't stand to play with grubby hands. Sometimes I'll take breaks during sessions to wash my hands again.
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:10 am

dwlb wrote:
mingus2112 wrote: I guess it's another personal preference thing. . .but I just like my gear clean. I even wash my hands before I play. . .and yes. . .even gigs. . .even rock gigs!

-J
Oh yeah, I wash my hands before I play, definitely. Can't stand to play with grubby hands. Sometimes I'll take breaks during sessions to wash my hands again.
1UP
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

jgimbel
carpal tunnel

Post by jgimbel » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:01 am

dwlb wrote:

-J

See I like to make sure I have some 100-150hz mud on my hands before I play. To each his own.

junkstar
re-cappin' neve

Post by junkstar » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:41 am

I watched an old Cat Stevens performance on VH1 Classic the other day and was distracted throughout by how filthy his acoustic guitar was... haha. That may be my own problem, but I've never seen such a smudged mess on TV before in my life. Like the axe had participated in a pizza party.