Who gets played where

Post by @?,*???&? » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:03 pm

Interesting stat.

32 to 1? That's potentially huge!

http://futureofmusic.org/blog/2009/10/2 ... onal-radio

Gentleman Jim
buyin' a studio

Post by Gentleman Jim » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:45 pm

It's not potentially huge, it is huge. And it's also the reason my brain spins inside my skull every time you post something that I interpret as a call for a higher digital performance royalty.

As time goes on, webcasts will continue to grow as a preferred medium to listeners. Already some mobile devices are capable of playing webcasts; I'll be shocked if that segment of the phone market doesn't grow in the next few years. That's a lot of fans of jazz, bluegrass, and basically anything that falls in the cliched Long Tail that are underserved by radio now. I like iPods and the convenience of being able to program playlists, but there's still a need for learning about music you haven't heard before. I think webcasts are a really good tool for this.

Did you read this article that was an embedded link?

http://futureofmusic.org/press/press-re ... ting-rates

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Post by @?,*???&? » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:18 am

Gentleman Jim wrote:It's not potentially huge, it is huge. And it's also the reason my brain spins inside my skull every time you post something that I interpret as a call for a higher digital performance royalty.
Hey now, let's not rush things, I mean they just got their heads around the concept of a 'performance royalty'!

lol

signorMars
re-cappin' neve

Post by signorMars » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:40 pm

@?,*???&? wrote:Hey now, let's not rush things, I mean they just got their heads around the concept of a 'performance royalty'!

lol
as opposed to terrestrial radio that has never had to worry about performance royalties.
---
ross ingram
[brainville]