Where Can I Get an API Legacy Manual/Signal Flow Chart?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Mzkguy
alignin' 24-trk

Where Can I Get an API Legacy Manual/Signal Flow Chart?

Post by Mzkguy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:17 pm

I've been to the API site, but I don't see any downloads/pdf's of manuals or flow charts. Anyone have an idea? :?
Mzkguy

Meriphew
deaf.

Re: Where Can I Get an API Legacy Manual/Signal Flow Chart?

Post by Meriphew » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Mzkguy wrote:I've been to the API site, but I don't see any downloads/pdf's of manuals or flow charts. Anyone have an idea? :?
I'd email API and ask them. That's probably your best shot. Maybe someone at Mercenary...???

djgout
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by djgout » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:41 pm

those desks are pretty straight forward. I'm going to guess you're at Berklee and itching to get going on the new APIs they have scheduled to be delivered.
They work just like most inline desks. Except the mic pre is in a seperate package that feeds down to the line input module which has all the multitrack routing and mix buss stuff. There is just a switch to swap it from being fed from the line inputs(hence tape returns) to the mic pre outputs. (that is if the desk is fitted with a mic pre module in that position. Very similiar to the way older Neves worked, the main module is just a line input and if could be fed from pretty much anything and from there to pretty much any bus.

-justin
justin herlocker
grindengineering (at) gmail (dot) com