Truth Audio... still in business? Looking for some TA-1Ps

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Truth Audio... still in business? Looking for some TA-1Ps

Post by Jeff White » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:14 pm

First of all, is the company is still around?

Is anyone using a pair of Truth Audio TA-1P or TA-1A monitors? I'm looking for something that is very accurate and non-fatiguing for longer stretches of mixing. Passive model is better, but I've heard good things about both models and would love to check them out. I'd love to hear some feedback on these, and if you are in the Philly area, I'd love to hear them.

I need a new set of mains to pair with my NS-10Ms. Read some great reviews and some feedback online and they may be just what the doctor ordered.

Jeff
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

Post by rhythm ranch » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:39 pm

Looks like you can buy factory direct: http://www.truthaudio.com/specs.htm

calaverasgrandes

Post by calaverasgrandes » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:56 pm

interesting monitors. I got all excited thinking they werent ported but turns out they have a rear port.
Still, not bad for $700.
Also, according to the website, the business is up for sale.
??????? wrote: "everything sounds best right before it blows up."

aitikin
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by aitikin » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:46 am

No, they're defunct. I emailed 6 months ago asking them about buying some monitors and got no response. I don't see where you're saying that the business is up for sale. The line: "Are you interested in acquiring a turn key studio monitor line?" just means that they're selling a turn key studio monitor line. Click that link and it'll take you to their marketing shpeel.
"It's not a recording studio without a lava lamp"
~Mark Rubel

"Don't meddle in the affairs of a patent dragon, for thou art tasty and good with ketchup." ~ohcrapitssteve

calaverasgrandes

Post by calaverasgrandes » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:03 pm

"We feel the best way to achieve this goal is to offer our products to a select manufacture that may be seeking to expand their product base into the monitor arena, replace an average performer with a proven winner, or build upon the existing platform. This is why we are contacting you. We are seeking a larger company to take ?Our Baby? and grow it into a ?Viable Adult?. As you know this takes a solid company with capital for in house manufacturing, sales, marketing and the ability to network on a worldwide scale.

We are offering award winning speaker designs, client database, existing inventory, state of the art web site, world class print ad design, marketing tools, endorsement database, custom shipping materials and everything for a turn-key operation. We will also offer long term consultation for the development of future products. If you have any question we will be glad to answer them. If you could go a step further allow us to make an appointment for a personal demonstration. We know you will be convinced this is the best studio monitor systems on the planet and would be an asset to any company. Why would you not want to provide the best tools for our industries professionals?"

aitikin
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by aitikin » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Wow, I'm sorry. Evidently I didn't read it well enough. Of course, that's probably been up for a year and a half, but still...
"It's not a recording studio without a lava lamp"
~Mark Rubel

"Don't meddle in the affairs of a patent dragon, for thou art tasty and good with ketchup." ~ohcrapitssteve

drumsound
zen recordist

Re: Truth Audio... still in business? Looking for some TA-1

Post by drumsound » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:28 pm

ipressrecord wrote:First of all, is the company is still around?

Is anyone using a pair of Truth Audio TA-1P or TA-1A monitors? I'm looking for something that is very accurate and non-fatiguing for longer stretches of mixing. Passive model is better, but I've heard good things about both models and would love to check them out. I'd love to hear some feedback on these, and if you are in the Philly area, I'd love to hear them.

I need a new set of mains to pair with my NS-10Ms. Read some great reviews and some feedback online and they may be just what the doctor ordered.

Jeff
Unfortunately, from every indication, the business is not happening any longer. I have a set of TA-1Ps that I think are great. I was monitor shopping, got two set's of monitors in for a month in my room, and chose the Truths over the NHT M-00s. I did a side by side review for the magazine. I was going to buy a second used set a while back, and then something broke and the money went to that. I'd love to have a back up set.

BENDYmusic
gettin' sounds

Post by BENDYmusic » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:41 pm

From what I understand (please correct any misinformation here), they have been "for sale" on and off for a few years now, the original owner passed away several years ago. They moved the factory and then lost their distributer (Wave Distribution).

It's sad. I have a 5.1 setup based on the Truth TA1P's, and they are totally great sounding / performing monitors.

&e
Andy Snavley

Chief Sound Bender
BENDY
http://bendymusic.com/
http://bendysound.com/

calaverasgrandes

Post by calaverasgrandes » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:41 am

too bad, at $700 for a pair with dual woofers that was a real possibility.
that and I just like owning stuff nobody else around here has. The more obscure the better.

Jeff White

Post by Jeff White » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:28 pm

calaverasgrandes wrote: The more obscure the better.
Until it breaks!

:P
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

calaverasgrandes

Post by calaverasgrandes » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:14 pm

ipressrecord wrote:
calaverasgrandes wrote: The more obscure the better.
Until it breaks!

:P
now that is just a defeatist attitude!
besides, not like yamaha, tannoy or JBL are still makin parts. Well maybe some JBL.

Rabbit
ass engineer

Post by Rabbit » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:51 pm

I emailed them a couple of years ago when I was in the market for new monitors and never got a response. Too bad, I really was hoping to hear them.

calaverasgrandes

Post by calaverasgrandes » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:51 pm

I take back what I said about JBL. I own a pair of Control 10's. they are meant for AV and instal use but work nicely as midfields.
I thought my left speakers woofer was blown and searched everywhere for a replacement. all I could find were recon kits, RECONE KITS for $300 that were not even JBL OEM.
Eventually it turned out that one of the leads from the Vc was just shorted so I fixed that. Too bad the present space is too small for these.