the INSANE BASF 900 story

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Post by @?,*???&? » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:31 pm

dwlb wrote:
@?,*???&? wrote: The assistants appear to have dropped the ball on these track sheets as there is no documention of mic used, what the source actually was or date of overdub- and it appears there were overdubs. Usually those expectations come from the Producer/Engineer at the helm. Also, none of the vocal tracks are *starred* as Master Takes. If this was done quickly, there probably wasn't a composite done of the vocal tracks. There appear to have been 3 different singers in this band, no clue who sings lead until I listen.
If it was for a class at Full Sail, there likely wasn't a dedicated assistant, and probably no comping of vocal takes.
There are assistants listed on the track sheets. I guess what we don't know is whether Platinum Post WAS Full Sail or simply affiliated with Full Sail.

Dan Phelps
steve albini likes it

Post by Dan Phelps » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:51 pm

I don't know if it still works this way, but Platinum Post used to be the name used when the studios at Full Sail were rented out commercially. I don't think there were any "Full Sail" track sheets...they used "Platinum Post" track sheets.

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:45 am

Why would people record in a brewery?
http://www.fullsailbrewing.com/

Well, I could think of a few reasons, actually. :wink:
Man, haven't been to Hood River in a long time.

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Post by @?,*???&? » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:18 am

ubertar wrote:Why would people record in a brewery?
http://www.fullsailbrewing.com/

Well, I could think of a few reasons, actually. :wink:
Man, haven't been to Hood River in a long time.
Interesting. At Third Monk, I have my first pale ale conditioning right now. Small batch, but I'm getting anxious. Should be drinkable in the next few weeks unless I opt for additional cold-conditioning.

Oatmeal stout will be next if this batch is redeeming. I have to say, I'm VERY skeptical and pretty much a beer snob...ah jeez, sounds like this board!