Lynda.com

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Gentleman Jim
buyin' a studio

Lynda.com

Post by Gentleman Jim » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:36 pm

I just got turned on to this site last week, I signed up yesterday, and it's been blowing my mind how good and valuable it is. All I can say is... wow.

I'm trying to learn how to really use Final Cut Studio, and Motion in particular. Already I feel like the $25 for a month of unlimited access is well worth it. I'll probably keep it for a few months at least.

If you find reading manuals and 'for dummies' books a bit dry and abstract, you really owe it to yourself to check out some free sample videos on the site. They do video tutorials with onscreen demonstrations of what they're talking about. Something like 50-100 different software titles, 740 courses, and 42,000 videos. All you can eat starting at $25 a month.

I think it's especially valuable for the software that you don't really know, but you already have. You know, the stuff that either came with your computer but you can barely use 10% of, (iWeb, MS Office); or the stuff that you bought thinking you would learn it but you never really did, (Quickbooks, Photoshop).

But they do have pretty much all the Adobe, Apple, and Microsoft programs covered. Plus Pro Tools, Reason, Vegas, and even a course on developing apps for the iPhone.

Ok, enough pimping for now. I'm gonna go get my learnin' back on!

http://lynda.com

tdbajus
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by tdbajus » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:36 pm

I'm a big fan as well.

Gentleman Jim
buyin' a studio

Post by Gentleman Jim » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:15 pm

See that, TOMB Community? Even bitter partisans on both sides of the Logic Sample Accurate Editing Debate can come together and agree on some things. Just like when George W. Bush and Bill Clinton get together to work for relief efforts in Haiti. It's enough to make me kind of choked up and thankful to be an American.

Can peace in the Middle East be far behind? Not if tdbajus and I have anything to do about it!

tdbajus
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by tdbajus » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:09 pm

i can not remember the last time I wrote this:

ROFL.

Thanks GJ.

brightpavilions
alignin' 24-trk

Post by brightpavilions » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:20 am

Totally. I've been able to learn a bunch. It's helping with my transition from Pro Tools to Logic as well. I recommend!

findaguitarteacher
audio school graduate

Quality Work

Post by findaguitarteacher » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 pm

I've used Lynda instructional DVD's for Dreamweaver and found it a pleasure to work with and, by far, the most effective of all the other methods of instruction I've tried.
However, I've yet to use their online version but am feeling inspired by your post. I think I'll check out their Pro Tools Tutorials.

Many thanks for letting us know about that.

All the best!
Chris -
findaguitarteacher.com

route-electrique
gettin' sounds

Post by route-electrique » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:35 pm

Lynda, macprovideo and groove3 all are usefull :).
♫ "Beware the handshake that hides the snake. Beware the pat on the back - it just might hold you back." ♫