ANY PRESONUS STUDIO ONE PRO USERS ?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Producer/Engineer
takin' a dinner break

ANY PRESONUS STUDIO ONE PRO USERS ?

Post by Producer/Engineer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Is anyone using Presonus Studio One Pro? I'm thinking of getting it. The more I read (and watch the YouTube videos) about it, the more attractive it looks.
Any user comments?

ctmsound
george martin

Post by ctmsound » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:01 pm

I have it. I've tracked with it a few times and I've been extremely impressed with the organized interface, and so far it's been pretty solid. I've had a few issues with their mastering and CD compilation portion of the software but it seems to be working fine now. Overall, very solid working program with some really cool features. I'd say download the demo on their site and give it a once over.

I'm not switching from Cubase 5 at this point, but we'll see.

pixeltarian
buyin' gear

Post by pixeltarian » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:37 am

it's pricey, but I might buy a 8ch interface to have some extra pres and get the studio one artist version with it. then just upgrade for 200. so basically you get studio one pro and 8 ch of (janky/spare) preamps for 500 instad of just studio one for $450

it's rock solid. the only thing I don't like is that it does't automatically read your sample rate when making a new project. I think that be default it should be set to whatever your interface is set at and you can change it if you want. but it's 44.1 every time be default.

besides that minor thing though, it's the best daw I've ever used (and I've used them all)
"Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to cut all sources of retreat."
- Napoleon Hill

http://www.jeffreyjamesmusic.com
spook folk

http://www.myspace.com/tonguesonpaper
electro atmospheric rock

ctmsound
george martin

Post by ctmsound » Sat May 01, 2010 12:28 am

As soon as it gets a few more updates, I'l probably go with it over cubase 5.