JC1272

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

metanoiastudios
buyin' gear

JC1272

Post by metanoiastudios » Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 pm

I happen to be in the market for a Neve-style pre, so it was perfect timing that my TapeOp arrived yesterday! I must say, I'm very interested in checking out that JC1272 pre, but unfortunately I can't find aaaany information about this thing online. I know that Joel has only made these for a few people, but does anyone have any insight that they may be able to share with me? It seems like this thing is right up there with Vintech and BAE stuff.

Thanks!
http://www.paulojuarez.com
*Will trade design work for gear!*

echo
audio school

Post by echo » Sat May 22, 2010 7:36 pm

I'm sure you've already checked it out but Joel's website for this is www.jc1272.com and has his phone and email contact info. Give him a call or shoot him an email and I know he'll definitely get back to you and tell you anything you want to know.

He's a friend of mine and I can tell you he's an absolute genius who loves gear and tone. I send him random gear questions all the time and he responds back with huge long emails with tons of useful information. So I'd definitely email or call him if you're interested in the JC1272 at all. I haven't heard that particular pre but he's building me a dual API 312 pre right now - can't wait to get it :)

Good luck..