CueMix FX sent to tape?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

EvanMidds
ass engineer

CueMix FX sent to tape?

Post by EvanMidds » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:44 am

Hey guys,
I'm thinking about picking up a 896mk3 to run along with my current 896HD. If the effects in cuemix are in use are they sent to tape by default or can you set it up to just have a bit of reverb sent to the performer's cans while maintaining a dry signal to the software? Also, any insight to working with the 896mk3 would be appreciated. Take care.
All the Best,
Evan Middlesworth
Owner Pine Hollow Audio

nick_a
buyin' gear

Post by nick_a » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 am

as far as i know, the 896 mk3's built-in EQ and dynamics stuff prints to the software, but the reverb in cuemix is set up like a send within the cuemix mixer, so it doesn't print. Someone tell me if i'm wrong.

EvanMidds
ass engineer

Post by EvanMidds » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:05 pm

Hey Nick, thanks for the response. I would have to imagine that's what they have going on. Would make the most sense anyway.
All the Best,
Evan Middlesworth
Owner Pine Hollow Audio

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Re: CueMix FX sent to tape?

Post by Nick Sevilla » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:02 am

EvanMidds wrote:Hey guys,
I'm thinking about picking up a 896mk3 to run along with my current 896HD. If the effects in cuemix are in use are they sent to tape by default or can you set it up to just have a bit of reverb sent to the performer's cans while maintaining a dry signal to the software? Also, any insight to working with the 896mk3 would be appreciated. Take care.
Hi,

I have the 282mk3, and according to their manual, the EQ and compression when applied to an input, does get printed in the DAW. the reverb does not, as it is only for monitoring. However, I'm sure you can route the reverb to a recordable channel...

Cheers
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

EvanMidds
ass engineer

Post by EvanMidds » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:32 am

Hey Noeq, thanks I appreciate you taking the time to look that up. The Motu site is helpful but they don't have PDF Manuals and I wasn't able to find that little tid bit on the product page or in the tech notes. Thanks again.
All the Best,
Evan Middlesworth
Owner Pine Hollow Audio