Anyone using ADK A-6 ?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Producer/Engineer
takin' a dinner break

Anyone using ADK A-6 ?

Post by Producer/Engineer » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:47 am

welcoming any and all comments from folks using this mic. I've read that it is amazing on acoustic guitar and would like to hear all comments.
Also interested on comments about using it on vocals, perhaps comparing it to other mics of the same likeness. Thanks in advance!

sdelsolray
pluggin' in mics

Post by sdelsolray » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:33 pm

I have a pair. They are quite nice of solo fingerstyle acoustic guitar. I have better mics. Nonetheless, the A6 pair is quite pleasing to work with and listen to.

sdelsolray
pluggin' in mics

Post by sdelsolray » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:35 pm

I have a pair. They are quite nice of solo fingerstyle acoustic guitar. I have better mics. Nonetheless, the A6 pair is quite pleasing to work with and listen to.

Producer/Engineer
takin' a dinner break

Post by Producer/Engineer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:40 pm

sdelsolray wrote:I have a pair. They are quite nice of solo fingerstyle acoustic guitar. I have better mics. Nonetheless, the A6 pair is quite pleasing to work with and listen to.
Oh, hey sdelsolray! I'm a fan of your acoustic recordings! I remember seeing you on some audio forums a few years ago. Your recordings are excellent and I remember listening to a few that you did with a Peluso P28, I believe, that blew me away!

I even tried to find more but the website you use to have was no longer available.

I have some great mics as well but was looking for feedback on the A6. I usually use CEMC6's, the KSM 32, the AT4047, the Avant CV12, or the ADK SL on acoustic guitar. Great to see you, thanks!

dsw
tinnitus

Post by dsw » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:24 pm

The A6 has a very neutral footprint. I tend to like small diaphragms on acoustic guitar but if I was using large, the A6 would do nicely. They are not OMG this is the best thing I ever heard mics, but they perform very well especially considering the price.

Larry at ADK is a terrific person and very helpful. Call him up: 503-296-9400
"Analog smells like thrift stores. Digital smells like tiny hands from far away." - O-it-hz

musicians are fuckers, but even worse are people who like musicians, they're total fuckers.