Testing out the new iRig on Guitar, Bass, and Analog Synth

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

hiddendriveways
pushin' record

Testing out the new iRig on Guitar, Bass, and Analog Synth

Post by hiddendriveways » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:41 pm

I've been messing around with the iRig, and last night I tried it out with a few different instruments. I video taped it and youtubeized it. Check it out:

http://www.sam-mallery.com/

For $40, I think this thing is pretty sweet to have around. The app sounds pretty nice, and I can only imagine it will get better and better. If you own an iPhone, iPad, or and iPod Touch, it's aint too shabby. It seems like everything has tuner these days, but the tuner alone almost makes it worth it to have this thing.

ThePaloverdeBeetle
alignin' 24-trk

Post by ThePaloverdeBeetle » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 am

Looks kind of fun but, gotta say that considering that the audio signal of the guitar is going into the mic input of the Iphone, the sound quality of the audio signal going in pretty much has got to bite. There would be no way to improve on that unless the special multipin connector could somehow be leveraged for a line in. I know, for 40 bucks no big deal. But there are inherent limitations.

hiddendriveways
pushin' record

Post by hiddendriveways » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:12 pm

I can assure you that the sound quality does not bite. It sounds pretty darn good, considering that it plugs into a mobile phone. Perhaps the type of person who plays a boutique amp with a boutique guitar and has boutique ears wouldn't be happy with it, but I think it's pretty sweet.