Orbit gum commercial

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Ryan Silva
tinnitus

Post by Ryan Silva » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:17 pm

I have saw a whole rack of Behringer gear on an episode of CSI once.
"Writing good songs is hard. recording is easy. "

MoreSpaceEcho

biasvoltage
steve albini likes it

Post by biasvoltage » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Coast Recording Equipment in LA does a lot of rentals to the movie/tv/commercial production world. There was a prop house called "20th Century Props" in Los Angeles that closed down recently, I went to the going out of business sale and there was a 1" 8 track MCI deck, mulled it over in my sleep that night but it had been sold by the time I went back in the morning!

PT
pushin' record

Post by PT » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:50 pm

I think the new Orbit girl is hot. I still haven't noticed the gear in this commercial.

the finger genius
re-cappin' neve

Post by the finger genius » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:47 am

mikeyc wrote:
IanWalker wrote: I've seen spaceships and submarines piloted and maintained with vintage audio gear.
If I recall correctly, the observation room in "Contact" starring Jodie Foster was full of ADAT XT's. It sort of killed the movie for me -- even before the plot did. :D
I thought it kind of made sense, no? A cheap way of archiving all of the "listening" they were doing?
vvv wrote:
That said, what I'm gettin' at is, perfectionism is for the truly defective.

You may quote me.

lyman
re-cappin' neve

Post by lyman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:19 am

Ryan Silva wrote:I have saw a whole rack of Behringer gear on an episode of CSI once.
in at least one of the Bourne movies (maybe Supremacy, I forgot which as i watched all 3 over labor day weekend) there's plenty of behringer rack gear in one of the govt. agency command centers. i guess just in case they want to add some crappy sounding fake plate reverb to their tapped cell phone calls.