Lunchbox amps?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:02 pm

jgimbel wrote:
Marc Alan Goodman wrote:Fender Pro Junior usually takes the cake. If you're looking for just a head you can buy a head cabinet for it.
TO user ipressrecord uses his Pro Junior all the time through his iso cab with clients, and every time I hear his guitar sounds I ask him how he got them..
I would love to hear more info on ipressrecord's "iso cab". running a control room-less studio... sounds like something i'd be into.

jgimbel
carpal tunnel

Post by jgimbel » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:09 am

trodden wrote:
jgimbel wrote:
Marc Alan Goodman wrote:Fender Pro Junior usually takes the cake. If you're looking for just a head you can buy a head cabinet for it.
TO user ipressrecord uses his Pro Junior all the time through his iso cab with clients, and every time I hear his guitar sounds I ask him how he got them..
I would love to hear more info on ipressrecord's "iso cab". running a control room-less studio... sounds like something i'd be into.
I'll let him know you're looking!
My first new personal album in four years - pay what you want - http://jessegimbel.bandcamp.com

witchfeet
gettin' sounds

Post by witchfeet » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:58 pm

It's not really a lunchbox amp, but the Marshall Class 5 sounds really good. I'm very picky and have owned vintage Marshalls. This is a really cool little amp.

Zoltar
gettin' sounds

Post by Zoltar » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:57 pm

I just picked up a Jet City Picovalve. I really like it. I haven't tried any other power tubes, but the 6L6 it comes with gets dirty quickly and in a good way. 2 Watts is almost too loud for my house though. It is pretty much what I was looking for at a price that I'm not going to complain about.

blungo2
re-cappin' neve

Post by blungo2 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:53 am

i used to have an Emery Superbaby which is a great sounding and very versatile little amp.

My current favorite is an old Newcomb H-10, 10 blazing watts of dual 6V6 power. Not single ended like the Superbaby and others mentioned here, but i dig the bass more. It's got a just slightly tighter sound than the single ended amps i've heard, still plenty tubey and warm though.