Fostex model 80 capstan belt?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

jv
pushin' record

Fostex model 80 capstan belt?

Post by jv » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Does anybody know where I can get a capstan belt for a Fostex model 80 1/4" 8 track machine? My deck won't go into "play" anymore (FF & REW work), so I suspect it may need a new capstan belt. Also, does anybody know if a belt from a Fostex R8 would work? I found a source online for that.

jv
pushin' record

Post by jv » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:09 am

Following up on this- I was able to get a belt set from a seller on ebay named "marrscommunications". He didn't actually have model 80 belts available, but I sent him my old belts and he was able to get them made, and now he has sets available. He also has belts for other fostex models, and if you have any machine that needs belts and you can't find them anywhere, check with this guy, because he seems to be able to get any kind of belt manufactured.

williamsongs
alignin' 24-trk

Post by williamsongs » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:30 pm

I wish I had read this post sooner. I have a Model 80 as well, but I have been able to get belts for it, and for every other tape machine I own right from a vacuum cleaner shop here in town. Tons of belts for anything at all. Dirt cheap and no ebay.
"Sounds to me like you're just a little bit cranky"

Judas Jetski
carpal tunnel

Post by Judas Jetski » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:10 am

Interesting. I have a Model 80 that I need to resurrect, so that I can either use it or sell it.
New Judas Jetski EP up! andysmash.bandcamp.com

www.andysmash.com