Mbox 3 Pro - "hardware not detected"

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

thunderboy
buyin' a studio

Mbox 3 Pro - "hardware not detected"

Post by thunderboy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi all -

Deciding it was time to upgrade from my Mbox mini, I purchased an Mbox 3 Pro a couple of weeks ago. So far, all attempts to get any of my computers to see it have failed.

All computers are PCs, are well above spec for PTLE 8.04 (I have been running PT on two of them for years, and the newer one since I bought it this winter). They are all running Win 7 Pro.

It appears to function just fine when not connected. All lights are lit appropriately and everything you would expect to be able to do with it in standalone mode, you can.

When connected to a computer via firewire, the front panel lights are dim and only the +48vDC button functions. The mic pres work and it passes audio, etc, but functionality is clearly limited. The software Mbox Control Panel works fine, with full functionality, which tells me that something is happening over firewire.

When I run PTLE, I get a "hardware not detected" error. I have tried legacy drivers, a bunch of Win7 tweaks, replaced the firewire card on one computer...etc.

I have asked over at the DUC, but no one there has any interest in actually answering questions.

So...anyone else have this problem and found a solution? Or maybe have any ideas?

Thanks in advance -

jt
"most toreadors worth a damn are circumcized."
- Discs of Tron