telefunken 67X series power supply?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

aurelialuz
dead but not forgotten

telefunken 67X series power supply?

Post by aurelialuz » Mon May 23, 2011 3:34 pm

i was wondering what sort of after-market power solutions are people using to power these. i had a pair on a dual +24v/6v 60w 2a supply and never noticed any problem, but now i need to steal that supply for another project and want to get my "keeper" supply for the teles. does linear versus switching matter? something like this? or like this?:
"While every effort has been made to ensure optimum sound quality, priority has been given to historic content and importance."

jhamburg
audio school graduate

Post by jhamburg » Sun May 29, 2011 5:29 pm

I would go for a linear power supply. JLM audio makes some nice ones. Don't forget to get that you will probably want a +48V rail for your phantom. JLM audio also makes a nice product called the go between which adds a DI and a phantom pwoer switch.

joel

The Scum
moves faders with mind

Post by The Scum » Sun May 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Linear all the way. Switchers take more special care & feeding, and can still be noisy. They're an art form in their own right.

Since you've already got a working supply, use it to measure the current draw, and size a new supply appropriately.

aurelialuz
dead but not forgotten

Post by aurelialuz » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:25 pm

jhamburg wrote:JLM audio also makes a nice product called the go between which adds a DI and a phantom pwoer switch.
those are really sweet. thanks for the tip!
"While every effort has been made to ensure optimum sound quality, priority has been given to historic content and importance."