PT9 Lost Contact with Digi-002R

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Al_Huero
suffering 'studio suck'

PT9 Lost Contact with Digi-002R

Post by Al_Huero » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:40 am

So this was weird. I was starting a session last night and started PT9 before firing up the 002R/Minime/Tango24 (accidentally). In PT6 (the version I had pre-upgrade), when I did this PT would stop mid-startup and say the interface was not turned on. PT9 just sailed through and assumed there was no interface; and defaulted all of my i/o to something generic. I tried quitting PT and restarting with everything on; but it didn't locate the 002R on restart. I went into the hardware menu and there was a weird yellow symbol over the 002R; and I couldn't select it as my interface.

At that point, I bailed and fired up my old PT6 rig so I could get some recording done. I'll head down later and try trashing preferences and whatnot to see if I can get it to come back; but man, what a drag. I'll have to experiment a bit recovering from this situation in case I ever accidentally trigger it again.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:16 am

My PT9 will load into "Pro Tools Aggregate I/O" (which in my case is the built-in Apple sound) if I don't turn on my sound card first. Fairly easy to switch it back though within the setup menu. Are you on the latest update of PT9 (I believe it's at 9.03), and do you have the latest Firewire and 002 drivers?

Al_Huero
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Al_Huero » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:20 am

Far as I know but I'll check. Everything was working fine before the incident. And yeah, it defaulted to "Aggregate I/O".

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 am

1.- Turn on PERIPHERALS.
2.- Wait until PERIPHERALS have INITIATED. About 15 seconds.
3.- Turn on COMPUTER.

Computer operation 101.

Cheers
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

Al_Huero
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Al_Huero » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Got it sorted--trashing preferences did the trick and allowed me to change the playback engine to the 002R. A bit of oddness with the external clock--it started up with that as it's how I normally have it set up; but had the wrong sample rate (48 kHz vs. 44.1 kHz) and wouldn't let me change it. I checked the MiniMe and it was set to 44.1 so not sure what happened there. When I re-started the sessioin it said the external clock signal was invalid and reverted to internal. I went into the hardware menu and re-selected the external/spdif clock and it popped up at 44.1 so no major issue.