New Review of the Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

MikeRivers
pluggin' in mics

New Review of the Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56

Post by MikeRivers » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:54 pm

A bit late for the party, but I've just posted a review of the Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 on my web page. This is a Firewire audio interface with 8 mic preamps, two of which incorporate Focusrite's Liquid technology for modeling ten different famous and semi-famous preamps. Now I'm not big on modeling when the real thing is available, but it's kind of nice to have a few things just a little different for variety.

It's kind of cool, though not at all profitable, to have finally established my own web page. I can write reviews as long and as detailed as I want without an editor telling me to cut it down to 1500 words. Stand back! This one is 24 pages long.

Here's the direct link if you're impatient, or just browse around. You might find something interesting.

CurtZHP
re-cappin' neve

Post by CurtZHP » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:51 pm

Good article, Mike! I did a review of it's little sister, the Pro 40, for Radio World last year. I had pretty much the same impression. Good box for the money, not much to complain about.
"TEMPUS FUGIT" the Novel -- Now Available!!
http://www.curtyengst.com

MikeRivers
pluggin' in mics

Post by MikeRivers » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:37 am

CurtZHP wrote:Good article, Mike! I did a review of it's little sister, the Pro 40, for Radio World last year.
Thanks. I used to write for Pro Audio Review, but I got shrunk along with the magazine.

I have the two Scarlett USB interfaces. the bottom end of the Focusrite I/O line, coming in for review, so that'll appear in a couple of months. I've been wanting to see how little computer power I can get away with for recording eight tracks through USB and I already know that the one of my beefs is that the Scarlett 18i6, while it has 8 analog inputs, has only two mic preamps.

Stay tuned.

studiodog
alignin' 24-trk

Great Review

Post by studiodog » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:47 am

Nice site - thanks!!
"...because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like me!"

CurtZHP
re-cappin' neve

Post by CurtZHP » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:05 am

MikeRivers wrote: ...but I got shrunk....

I think there's pills for that. :lol:
"TEMPUS FUGIT" the Novel -- Now Available!!
http://www.curtyengst.com