Roger Linn Design customer service

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

KennyLusk
dead but not forgotten

Roger Linn Design customer service

Post by KennyLusk » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:00 pm

From time to time we all like to share positive or negative stories about customer service to keep each other informed.

I'd like to give prop's to Roger Linn for excellent customer service. I bought the unlock code for his ArenaLinn Sync V2 plugin yesterday, had some prob's with the code, called their number, he answered the phone and walked me through resolving the issue...which had nothing to do with the product BTW.

I'm now rockin' the Sync V2 plug and having a ball with it.

Positive experience, excellent personalized service. :^:
"The mushroom states its own position very clearly. It says, "I require the nervous system of a mammal. Do you have one handy?" Terrence McKenna

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:46 pm

When you say "he," did you mean Roger Linn answered the phone?

GJ

KennyLusk
dead but not forgotten

Post by KennyLusk » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:17 pm

Gregg Juke wrote:When you say "he," did you mean Roger Linn answered the phone?

GJ
Yes. I'm still trippin' that I actually got to speak with Roger Linn. He was very concerned to resolve my issue, helped me as far as he could, told me his wife Ingrid would get back to me the next day because she knew how to resolve the issue. But then he figured it out and called me back later and walked me through unlocking my demo version of Sync V2. A very cool experience. He's obviously very much in touch with the connection between his product and the customer. I was impressed.
"The mushroom states its own position very clearly. It says, "I require the nervous system of a mammal. Do you have one handy?" Terrence McKenna

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:57 am

That's cool Kenny. I thought he was still back in the 80's with the DeLorean Time-Machine and Molly Ringwald... (Boop boop beep, boop-boop boop- boop beep-beep)

But seriously, that is a neat experience and it does show a high regard for the customer. I got a call once from Vic Firth, and I had the same reaction. If someone has attained that level of success, and still cares enough to actually communicate with folks that use his products, that indicates high marks in the responsibility/integrity field.

Kudos to Roger!

GJ

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:44 am

This just shows how fucking alienated people are from other people. I once called my daughter's neurologist and she answered the phone. It took her about 2 minutes to convince me that she wasn't her nurse or receptionist. I don't think we had a very productive conversation because I actually wasn't prepared to talk to her. I thought I'd leave a message and maybe get a call back in a day or two. I'm still waiting for MOTU to call me back from about 2 years ago, seriously.

Maybe this Roger Linn thing is what post-capitalism is going to look like. Man, that would be some good news, huh?
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:38 pm

>>>>...post-capitalism is going to look like...<<<<

Not sure Carl; I'm still in the pre-capitalist stage. Gimme a chance to experience them in-sequence, will you?

GJ

unchartedthickets
ass engineer

Post by unchartedthickets » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:52 pm

i've had extensive conversation with Michael Joly of Oktavamod and Mark McQuilken of
FMR Audio; all of which was positive and eventually successful in outcome.

drewbass
buyin' gear

Post by drewbass » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:10 pm

i had the same experience with Roger. super positive and he picked up the phone.

as a result, i booked him to speak at csu monterey bay October 7th. he will be bringing his latest innovations and talking about his amazing work. he just received (2011) a Grammy Award for Technical Merit.

this lead to getting tom oberheim on nov 4th.

it's free and open to the public.