Nuendo Help! Please!!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

wreckofdreams
alignin' 24-trk

Nuendo Help! Please!!

Post by wreckofdreams » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Randomly while I was working on a track in Nuendo it changed from 48 to 44.1 and prompted me to ask if i wanted to keep the samples in the same place? Not really understanding what this meant I said yes and then It immediately switched back to 48. My project is a mess now with my audio placed in random places and my crossfades are screwed up! Can anyone tell me If I can revert to how my audio was originally placed in the project???

nick_a
buyin' gear

Post by nick_a » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:05 am

in my experience, it's just a control Z situation...if that doesn't work, try opening up your undo history. there should be something weird like "absolute time" or something.

wreckofdreams
alignin' 24-trk

Post by wreckofdreams » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:27 am

Unfortunately I closed the session before I undid the action and there is no undo history after the session is closed... I don't have a saved backup from before the change... *I have an update though - I resampled all the audio back to 48 and all the audio lined up correctly with all my correct edits. Then randomly Neuendo shifted back to 44 without prompting me about moving the samples and so I had to resample all the audio again to get things to line up, now though It plays too fast at 44 and even faster at 48? I'm using a MOTU 2408 with an external BLA micro clock. I can change back to using the internal clock on the 2408 to improve stability, hopefully, but i'm still stuck with this track that I can't play at normal speed!?

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:15 pm

wreckofdreams wrote:Unfortunately I closed the session before I undid the action and there is no undo history after the session is closed... I don't have a saved backup from before the change... *I have an update though - I resampled all the audio back to 48 and all the audio lined up correctly with all my correct edits. Then randomly Neuendo shifted back to 44 without prompting me about moving the samples and so I had to resample all the audio again to get things to line up, now though It plays too fast at 44 and even faster at 48? I'm using a MOTU 2408 with an external BLA micro clock. I can change back to using the internal clock on the 2408 to improve stability, hopefully, but i'm still stuck with this track that I can't play at normal speed!?
Hi,

I watched from the sidelines until you mention that you are using an external clock.

Try NOT using the clock for a day, and see if the problem persists. If it does you may need to either update the firmware on your 2408 or PCI card, or there may be an issue with the word clock cable being badly connected or faulty, or a repair may be in order.

Cheers
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

wreckofdreams
alignin' 24-trk

Post by wreckofdreams » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:32 pm

Using the internal clock on the 2408 seems to have stabilized the clocking errors. I've ordered a new BNC cable to see if that was the issue? I would really like to be able to clock externally... But, I still haven't been able to fix the problem with the project playing back properly. Using the pitch control I was able to slow down the entire session to the right tempo/key, but my edits were all screwed up and many files are not placed correctly. The same result occurred when I imported the original files from the pool before the resample - misplaced clips and lost edits. It's a complete mess (considering it's a project with 100+ tracks. and so i've resigned myself to start the very painful process of re-editing the project from this mangled puzzle. Tough lessons learned. blah...

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:42 pm

3 tough lessons to learn:
1. version often to a new filename
2. nothing beats a stem
3. ...except a stem on a backup disk