PT LE 7.4 Instrument Track Routing Bonehead Question

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

xonlocust
tinnitus

PT LE 7.4 Instrument Track Routing Bonehead Question

Post by xonlocust » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:37 pm

hello all-

long time no post... this has to be an easy question that my mind just isn't getting around. here's what i have set up:

3 midi instrument tracks. midi source for all 3 tracks is my midi interface, all channels. each track has a different instance of an instrument plugin on it (2 different xpand! instances, one arp) - all going to my main out 1-2.

what currently happens: all midi data sends only to track 3 and plays the arp instance. (when it was only one track, everything works great. then when i added track 2, track 1 no longer gets signal unless i switch the midi output selector back to xpand 1-1 on both tracks. it's as if the last track in line always takes precedence over anything before it)

what i want to happen: midi data goes to all 3 tracks simultaneously, and all 3 instances play.

actually, what i'm really trying to do here at the end of the day is set up a session for playing live that allows me to simply hit solo on a track that brings up that particular sound with any effects/plugins whatever already set up inline, so i can have my 4 or 5 patches for the set just set up for an easy toggle between them all rather than switching presets on the first instance of track 1 to a new patch in xpand! and then bypassing the trash plugin, or then switching over to the arp plugin and opening a saved preset in that once it replaces my instance of xpand.

am i going about this wrong? better approaches? this seems like it should be pretty straightforward but i'm just missing something obvious.

thx!