Chandler style 4 pin power cables

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

losthighway
resurrected

Chandler style 4 pin power cables

Post by losthighway » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:30 pm

I need one. Do you folks know where you can buy one? I could solder one if I found the connectors, but by the time I go to that trouble I don't mind shelling out another several bucks so I can plug, play etc.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Wade perhaps?

losthighway
resurrected

Post by losthighway » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Yeah, his website doesn't say anything, nor do any of their typical retailers. For such a popular company it's hard to find an essential accessory, but I suppose many people just make their own.

Nate Dort
tinnitus

Post by Nate Dort » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:05 am

Marc Alan Goodman
george martin

Post by Marc Alan Goodman » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:37 am

I think you're having trouble finding it because it's so simple. It would be like listing "Rack Screws for Chandler Germanium Preamp" on a store website. It's just a standard XLR 4 pin power cable. Redco could most certainly make you one, but I bet if you email Chandler directly they'll hook you up.

losthighway
resurrected

Post by losthighway » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:02 pm

I think you're right Marc. I suppose the 4 pin deal is unique to the rest of my gear, so I thought it was more unique in general. Thanks for the link Nate.

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Marc Alan Goodman wrote:I think you're having trouble finding it because it's so simple. It would be like listing "Rack Screws for Chandler Germanium Preamp" on a store website. It's just a standard XLR 4 pin power cable. Redco could most certainly make you one, but I bet if you email Chandler directly they'll hook you up.
The ones you made with Dan at tiny telephone when we forgot them in NYC during the sleepytime sessions are pretty hot... I still have those.
Where did we get the connectors from to do that? did dan have them?

Marc Alan Goodman
george martin

Post by Marc Alan Goodman » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:20 pm

I remember we had to head over to some weird old school electronics supply shop to find somebody with four pins in hand. I'm glad those are still holding up :) I don't think I was quite as good at soldering back then....

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:05 pm

Marc Alan Goodman wrote:I remember we had to head over to some weird old school electronics supply shop to find somebody with four pins in hand. I'm glad those are still holding up :) I don't think I was quite as good at soldering back then....
They are spares, and hilariously large gauge wire was used... they are way more audiophile than the stock ones. Like garden hose size cable going to the power supply...