Initialization Error pro tools

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

doctari
gimme a little kick & snare

Initialization Error pro tools

Post by doctari » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:39 am

This is probably not a new topic but my faith in corporate humanity is temporarily restored. My 2004 hard drive crashed and after installing protools software back to its former 7.3.1 glory. i opened and played back a few sessions. It seemed to work fine until trying to open a session from an external drive the following initialization error message appeared:
"The software requires installation of Device Driver TPKd and a reboot or reinstall the software." i reran the 7.3.1 updater, rebooted and still got the error message. google search informed me that TPKd was a Pace (interlock?) file. Why after nearly 8 yrs. did the system need a security driver. More google searches> Avid>prosound> forums ,etc. gave links to Interlock. Using the laptop connected to the internet and with fear, I downloaded the windows file from their site, save to a cd, and loaded it on the recording pc. With the driver package(54mb's) installed, Pro Tools started and worked. This was at times a time consuming and aggravating process and to have this roadblock solved by a third party was a relief. I'll try to find the link and post it. http://www.paceap.com/