Any silent mobos out there with SPDIF input?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Any silent mobos out there with SPDIF input?

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Hey,

I asked this question in another thread of mine over in gear talk, but thought I'd ask it here, in its own thread, since it's a pure "computer world" question now.

Does anyone know of any motherboards that have SPDIF input as well as output? I've been going through the specs on motherboards on newegg for hours and can only find outputs listed, but I know there must be some and I'm worried that this might not even be listed under "specifications" most of the time.

Huge bonus points if the motherboard is cheap and/or silent. (Atom processor, fanless cpu cooler, etc.) This mobo doesn't have to be particularly powerful, feature-laden or even have pci slots if it has built in graphics and spdif i/o audio.

thanks so much,
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

brew
pushin' record

SPDIF mobo

Post by brew » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:29 am

This company has a few no fan mobos. This one is, and has SPDIF, but I'm not sure if it's in or out, or possibly software configured? You might be able to find something by contacting them or digging through their matrix selector.

http://www.itox.com/products/ProductDet ... 1-d16c.php

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Thank you so much for posting that! I've never heard of that company before, but the manual for that mobo says SPDIF i/o! (and 6 wpc speaker outs?!) I hope they make good shit, because I'm probably ordering one.
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.