:lol:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

kcswingmaster
ass engineer

Post by kcswingmaster » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:08 pm

Yes..more barn :rockin:

Still not much time after 40 hrs of job and farming 1400 acres on weekends. We are shooting for at least 1 day per month. Pretty sad huh....... Got about 20 4x8 sheets of 705 and 50 or so 2*4 pieces of 703 and a huge roll of burlap. Due to my 1rst statement, nothing has been hung yet.

Here is a pic from last month - makeshift OC705 room to isolate the bass, everyone else around center. Didn't plan to - but it ended up being everyone with a close mic. So far is sounds - well..... close mic'd and way to CLEAN. Nice at that but not what I'm going for. The singers were kinda flat this day - or I would post a tune. I had them where headphones for mic placement and we just left them on - maybe the phones are making them flat...?

Equipment wise....have since discovered the green face Altec stuff. Might just be the dirt I'm looking for. Gonna try to run 3 or 4 mics through it and record out the mono. Everyone can dial in the amount of saturation that they want...then take off the phones.....

Oh...and do to popular demand on this board, I am learning (and liking) compression.

I'm the bald cowboy with shorts that looks like needs a beer.
Thanks guys.....

cowboy by night

kcswingmaster
ass engineer

Post by kcswingmaster » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:41 pm

cowboy by night