Reaper: finally made the switch

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

hunterchristy
pluggin' in mics

Post by hunterchristy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:21 am

vvv wrote:8)

FWIW, I've tried a few DAWS, and like Reaper second best, which is why I'm still using Cool Edit Pro 2.1
i wish I had never upgraded to stupid Adobe Audition. I ended up switching to Cubase (5...which I still use) due to Audition. I FUCKING LOVED COOL EDIT PRO 2. Cool Edit Pro 2 and my Aardvark Q10 Pro? Dude, I was the shit.

But...then when I started doing some audio for video work, busted out Audition again...

hunterchristy
pluggin' in mics

Post by hunterchristy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:05 am

I was mostly being silly, and a little nostalgic. I miss the CEP2 days.

to be fair, there ARE nice things about Audition:

a grid is nice...

also, to be totally honest, it's the same BASIC program, so you'd be able to transition really easily...

and, i know it sounds crazy, because 0's and 1's are 0's and 1's, but one time my old band recorded the same song in audition and cubase, and i SWEAR audition sounded, dare i say it, WARMER...? thats insane, right?

the things I miss are being able to lock out the effect, and all of my presets I made in CEP got lost in the upgrade (mark all of that stuff down if there are key ones you wanna keep). I know there was something else, but i distinctly remember upgrading, being really unhappy, and trying to re-install CEP2. it was so long ago at this point, though...

jhharvest
steve albini likes it

Post by jhharvest » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:52 am

I've been using Reaper a bit now for post-production. I wish they'd incorporate OMF support. :-/

totah
audio school

Post by totah » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:35 pm

I've been trying to find a DAW that makes sense to me. In 2004-2006 I used to use Sony Acid Pro and it was so intuitive and easy to work with. I'm just not sure how it compares today. Plus I hate Sony as a company and avoid giving them my money whenever possible.