A short article on basic acoustics....

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

GIK Acoustics
pluggin' in mics

Post by GIK Acoustics » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:57 pm

Good work! Obviously there are a lot of technicalities involved that aren't mentioned, but its best to keep things simple when explaining them. I'm sure there are things I could point out but, as long as you're not saying egg cartons soundproof movie theaters, I think we're okay with saying you've described the minimum knowledge most should have about room treatment.
Alexander Reynolds
GIK Acoustics USA | (770) 986 2789
GIK Acoustics Europe | +44 (0) 20 7558 8976 (UK)

losthighway
resurrected

Post by losthighway » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:19 pm

That's handy and well written. My only complaint is the article implies that you can have a 703 panel without a wood frame: not true. 703 is relatively light and there are plenty of ways to cover and mount it without a frame.

mroessler
audio school

Re: A short article on basic acoustics....

Post by mroessler » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:09 am

Thanks for sharing this article. I'm actually looking for all informations on how to build acoustic panels by my self. I'm especially interested in custom bass traps including diffusion.

I really like the design of studio 2 of the new designed "The Church Studios" in London. Thy use white wooden panels for the corner bass traps to cover the acoustic material. It looks they used a CNC machine to cut the panels like that. Just wondering how you could build it like that yourself. I would be thankful for any informations.