Post by analogcabin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:42 am

Wow...
This might be kool:
http://www.tracktion.com/

What do you folks think?

jhharvest
steve albini likes it

Post by jhharvest » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:04 am

Nice. I liked the previous versions of Tracktion because of its simple workflow. Might use this for tracking and Mixbus for mixing.

accordion squeezist
pushin' record

Post by accordion squeezist » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:52 pm

Thanks, I'll be there.

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:50 am

hm, I'm still using xp, I'm not even sure tracktion 4 would work on XP. Still using v2. I tried a session an 88.1, and while it tracked fine, playback is really tough over like 4 tracks.

maybe the excuse to get a new computer!

kuene
takin' a dinner break

woah

Post by kuene » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:57 pm

I'm in shock. I was a die hard tracktionite through versions 1,2 and 3 - but then Mackie seemed to leave it for dead. I made the switch to Reaper a few years ago, although have never fully warmed up (Reaper is great though). Tracktion users can all speak to something very different and comforting about the Tracktion workflow and UI, regardless of any performance or quality issues it may have. It was never like anything else, especially Pro Tools or Logic.

I'm looking forward to trying this new version immediately!

kuene
takin' a dinner break

Post by kuene » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:52 am

I've been playing around with it now for a few weeks - on OsX 10.8.3 - and it is very smooth and stable for me so far. Same great workflow, some minor UI improvements - this is my favorite DAW once more. As long as stability holds up.

I urge people to check it out again or for the first time.

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

Post by MichaelAlan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:42 pm

I have to say... I might go back to traktion. I did one record with it and it was probably the best I have done for my own music. I don't remember anything I didn't like about it. Logic on the other hand....
All energy flows according to the whims of the great magnet...

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:52 am

anybody else pick it up recently? what OS are you using?

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

Post by MichaelAlan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:22 pm

I used tracktion back in the day and considered it for my recent project but decided to stick with logic. But I really love how tracktion works. I really hate editing clips and tracktion is the easiest I've seen to scrub, fade in/out. Also I LOVE how each clip in a section has it's own gain and can be turned up or down relative to the track volume. I tend to do a lot of backup vocals and they end up all different volumes, so it makes it easy to adjust them in the track, sometimes no need to compress!

Mike
All energy flows according to the whims of the great magnet...

kuene
takin' a dinner break

Post by kuene » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:31 am

I've been using it for several months now, on Mavericks. The recent builds have become very stable and my limited plugins like sample tank and kontakt are working great. Same with the apple au defaults. I know there are plenty of third party vsts people are reporting less than 100% functionality but I don't have issues yet.

It's solid and super cheap. If you like the tracktion workflow this is a no brainer. So glad they wrenched it back from Mackie.

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:01 pm

well, tracktion 5 was supposed to be shown at CES. It's due out very soon. Apparently T4 was a get-me-over update after Jules took it back from Mackie.

FNM
takin' a dinner break

Post by FNM » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:12 pm

Wow, another shocked Tracktion user. I've been using Tracktion up to version 3 since it came out up until this week when I decided to make the switch to Studio One. I had no idea they did anything after Mackie dropped it. I tried almost everything else and Studio One was the only one worth switching to, but now I almost kinda regret it. Might have to try T5, great price. Not one single person I ever recorded had heard of it.

I really miss having a volume automation fader seperate from the main volume fader on each track.