DAW with Video

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

afanacii
audio school

DAW with Video

Post by afanacii » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:06 am

Is there a good DAW out there that will allow me to fully edit both audio and video? PC user.

In the near term, I need a good solution to video recording a show, and syncing it with the best audio of the show that I can muster. I use Studio One 2 professional (which I am happy with so far, but not married to), which claims that you can import video for some quick and basic stuff, but I haven't been able to get that to work (haven't turned over every stone, still looking).

Once I get this process down, I'm going to want to take audio and add video to it, so the video editing will become much more important. In either situation, I want to be able to edit audio with all of the freedom that Studio One 2 offers , as I am primarily a musician. One option appears to be getting Adobe Premeire Pro, which will allow me to import/export audio as needed, but I'd rather do all of my work on one software platform. To me, the money is not as big of a problem as inconvenience and frustration. There also seems to be a lot of file conversion going on when moving from one platform to another, which amounts to sacrifices in quality :cry:

Some reviews of Nuendo out there that sound interesting, but will it allow me to be a recording musician first?

mrc
re-cappin' neve

Post by mrc » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:42 am

afanacii
audio school

Post by afanacii » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:46 am

Thanks MRC! I'll need to look deeper into this to see if it will ultimately fit the bill, but at a glance it's exactly what I'm looking for.