Wurlitzer 200a Molex Connector

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

pablotf
ass engineer

Wurlitzer 200a Molex Connector

Post by pablotf » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:06 am

Hi TOMB,

I recently got a Wurlitzer 200a. It?s in good shape and sounds great out of the headphone and AUX jacks, but it has no internal speakers. I ordered a pair of new ones from Vintage Vibe, but just noticed that it?s also missing the Molex connector that goes from the amplifier board to the speakers.

I think it?s this part from Vintage Vibe: https://www.vintagevibe.com/p-56-wurlit ... ctors.aspx

However, the item description says that the metal pins that go inside the connector are not included and they don?t seem to sell them as a separate item.

Do you know where can I get these online? I know Molex pins come in different sizes but I have no idea which one I need for this connector in particular.

Also, do I need the connector at all? I?m guessing it?s probably not recommended but, if worse comes to worst, couldn?t I just bypass it and run a longer cable directly from the board to the speakers?

Sorry if this is the dumbest question posted today. When it comes to electronics and DIY stuff, I?m still a novice at best.

Thanks!

winky dinglehoffer
buyin' a studio

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:06 am

This is not a dumb question, and I wish I had the answer. I need a couple of pins for an old 146 student model but have had no luck locating them. Vintage Vibe ignored my questions regarding these pins--maybe they don't know the part # or where to find them. My efforts to locate anything appropriate have been fruitless.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:41 am

Hi,

If you are completely missing both sides, then use whatever you want from a local electronics store, or use a crimp tool or other single connection type stuff.

Unless you are doing a proper restoration...

Cheers
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

themagicmanmdt
george martin

Post by themagicmanmdt » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:57 pm

hey 'yall -

if you're ever needing some wurli, rhodes, clavinet, etc info,

shameless plug for my longtime friend who's become a crazy amazing analog keys tech after the years.

max brink
@
chicago electric piano company

http://chicagoelectricpiano.com/

m
we are the village green
preservation society
god bless +6 tape
valves and serviceability

*chief tech and R&D shaman at shadow hills industries*