Tape Mastering Questions

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

thevulcan
audio school

Tape Mastering Questions

Post by thevulcan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:28 pm

Hey all, have been sneaking through the Tape Op forums for awhile and thought it was about time to make myself known and get an account.

Quick bit about myself, i am a the fairly typical "no budget, big ideas" 21 year old musician. I put out my first single about a month ago which garnered a bit of attention, so i put together a live band, and am about to record a follow up ep.

Check it out here if you would like some context for my question: http://violetswells.bandcamp.com

Im still learning when it comes to tracking, mixing, and songwriting, but prefer learning from experience. I've splashed out on a few new bits of gear (still nothing fancy, just some Joe Meeks pre's and Rode mics), but when it comes to mastering i would love to transfer to tape.

Just wondering if any of you guys transfer mixes (for a fee of course), and if its worth doing before sending it off to be mastered, or if it ends up being detrimental.

Thanks!

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 pm

I can transfer mixes to a wonderful sounding Studer A80. I'd of course, print tones so it can be sent to mastering house. PM me.

Welcome to the TOMB!

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:28 am

Great stuff! I look forward to hearing more!

thevulcan
audio school

Post by thevulcan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:15 pm

chris harris wrote:Great stuff! I look forward to hearing more!
Thanks Chris, glad you enjoy it!