Does anyone recognize this EMT 140 Remote?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

CustomRecordingCo.
ass engineer

Does anyone recognize this EMT 140 Remote?

Post by CustomRecordingCo. » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:53 am

This remote came with my EMT 140. Anyone recognize the the manufacturer? It has a hand engraved serial number on the back if that's of any help.

I appologize. Not sure how to embed a picture in this forum.

https://flic.kr/p/o3k5SX

djimbe
tinnitus

Post by djimbe » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:06 pm

looks pretty much like either a Gotham Audio or an original EMT control box. I had one for one of my EMTs. The original EMT documentation I had once upon a time had schematics for the controller and the damper drive unit. I don't know if I saved a copy of those docs when my plates were sold, but I can look.

You know that's not the totality of the damper control, right? Not trying to be an ass, just making sure you have full info. That thing is just the controller. What's missing is the drive motor with the position potentiometer and the limits that stop travel. That stuff is mounted on top of the 'verb case, direct coupled to the damper pivot shaft.
I thought this club was for musicians. Who let the drummer in here??

CustomRecordingCo.
ass engineer

Post by CustomRecordingCo. » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:53 am

Yep! I know all that stuff. Been bringing this 140 back up to date before I install it in my studio. Wired in a new AC cable to the motor and new extension cabling for the remote. Everythig functions as it should, except for the meter on the remote. Was looking for the manufacturer in order to find a replacement meter. Thanks for the help!