Don't Know
No votes

Total votes: 7

Drone
re-cappin' neve

Don't You Hate It When

Post by Drone » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:35 am

the cat pukes all over your console.

Thankfully it happened when I had the console covered up for the night, came down this morning to start recording, grabbed the cover, and a nice big handful of cold cat vomit. :shock:
Still Lee Perry had his chickens, and I got my cats.Image
The previous statement is from a guy who records his own, and other projects for fun. No money is made.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:14 am

I let my cat in but not unsupervised. Usually all he does is scratch at or lay on my fuzzy 4x12 carvin cab while staring out the egress window or lay on me. Sometimes though, he decides to jump to the highest points (tops of my racks and shelves), which doesn't work for me because he is kind of clumsy for a cat.

He's fine except when he's got a wild hair up his butt.

Recycled_Brains
resurrected

Post by Recycled_Brains » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:21 am

One of mine loves perching in my left monitor when I mix. Def. not allowed in when I'm not there though.
Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:10 am

haha no one's voted yet. we are at 100% yes.

we have a few cats here. one of them sometimes likes to sit on my lap while i'm working. it's nice. the other one INSISTS on repeatedly going everywhere i'd prefer he didn't...behind the racks, behind the subwoofer, behind the fabric back wall into all the absorption behind it. they're not allowed in there unsupervised.

the buddies:

Drone
re-cappin' neve

Post by Drone » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:39 am

I wish I could ban mine, but my studio, is my basment, is my workshop. I have to keep screws and things in lidded containers lest the cat makes off with it, in fact one cat, Pentode, got his name from always hiding behind the transformer in my tube amp.

If I shut them out the basment, they'd be in the rest of the house, not letting me sleep at night.

I did finally get a piece of that pink insulation board to put on top of the mixer controls before I cover it, that at least stops them pressing all the solo and group buttons. Used to spend the first 10-15 minutes of each session trying to figure out which buttons they pressed, solos, groups, 48V, pads, etc. :shock:
The previous statement is from a guy who records his own, and other projects for fun. No money is made.

roscoenyc
carpal tunnel

Post by roscoenyc » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:31 pm

I don't mind a cat but I fucking hate somebody showing up at the studio without any advance notice. Walking in on someone else session is insanely inapropriate

sound for sandwiches
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by sound for sandwiches » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:04 pm

our pit mix produces all of our records:

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:38 pm

I am a studio animal.

OK, I don't actually have a "studio", it's a "bedio", but if I said I was that kinda animal ...

Eh, not cool.

:twisted:
:roll:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:01 pm

roscoenyc wrote:I don't mind a cat but I fucking hate somebody showing up at the studio without any advance notice. Walking in on someone else session is insanely inapropriate
Ooh yeah hate this. People just show up because they have nothing better to do (population 900), and they think its a bar/hash bar where they can distract the talent. This doesn't occur at my place, but almost always when I'm freelancing at a certain studio.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:55 am

also annoying is people who show up early.

since we deal with musicians, this almost never happens. irritating when it does though. i'm not ready for you yet!

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:44 pm

But better early than late, no?

It's always an issue for me, whether recording someone, or in other business ...

I give 'em a magazine or send 'em out for a pop if they are early enuff.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:48 am

I love animals but don't allow them in my studio. I run a professional room, and I don't want anything left behind that could cause allergy issues for anyone. There is also the issue that some people are just not comfortable around animals, and I don't want to anything to put them off. I suppose if I had a really cool lounge I'd consider a fish tank...

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:46 am

vvv wrote:But better early than late, no?
no. early is irritating. the end.

of course, as i said, it virtually never happens, and everyone is always late, so why i'm even complaining about it i don't know!

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:27 pm

vvv wrote:But better early than late, no?

It's always an issue for me, whether recording someone, or in other business ...

I give 'em a magazine or send 'em out for a pop if they are early enuff.
I have a policy that if people are late they are charged from the stated start time, so...

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:40 pm

I'm inna service industry, but I'm also a type A asshole - if a client shows up more than a half hour late without calling and obtaining my express agreement, I make 'em re-schedule.

This does not make me popular with co-workers, or the clients.

But the clients likely aren't late again, and attrition is mebbe 10%, what is worth it to me, because the consistently late are usually the consistently problematic.

YMMV when dealing with the artistic, and autistic, and artistically autistic, however.

Um, oh yeah, I consider the good clients my pets, the bad merely wild animals - to stay on topic, see. :twisted:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.