Pro Tools 12

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Post by ott0bot » Fri May 29, 2015 9:10 pm

if it were me I'll get all the Massey Plugs...every single one is useful on every session I've done. The de-esser is top notch, and you can't beat the mastering limiter.

Also, I'm a huge fan of the Plugin Alliance. Lots of monthly deals. You can snag a new plugin every month for a fraction of the price just by signing up for free. Plus holiday deals all the time. they have some nice bundles too. There is some overlap of the UAD stuff...you can buy them cheaper, but obviously you can't use with the DSP on the Twin. Even still, sign up and see what they put on sale and snag a few as you go along. https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

mrc
re-cappin' neve

Post by mrc » Sun May 31, 2015 2:56 pm

They have a long ways to go to get me to upgrade from 11 to 12. Uad plugs are really good, especially the mkii versions.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Sun May 31, 2015 4:15 pm

mrc wrote:They have a long ways to go to get me to upgrade from 11 to 12. Uad plugs are really good, especially the mkii versions.
I only upgraded to 12 because I got a free update with my 11 purchase?but that said IMHO this is easily the best release as far as "just working" goes?maybe no extra features that I'm aware of versus 11?it feels a lot smoother and doesn't cough up random errors like previous versions frequently would on my system.