Arturia Audio Fuse (?)

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

jzahos
gettin' sounds

Arturia Audio Fuse (?)

Post by jzahos » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:28 pm

Does anyone own one or have experience using one?

Appears to be geared towards live performance, but has some features that could make it a very useful tool for about a million scenarios in my very "general purpose" studio (whatever that means...). But I'm really curious how it sounds. Could it possibly be even ballpark with something like the SPL Crimson (~$800), which has similar features but it clearly oriented towards the studio?

Thanks!
JZ
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
www.jeffzahos.com

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:58 pm

I wasn't familiar with it so I had to look it up.

What makes you feel it is a "live-oriented device?" The TT preamps? I have a TT in the control room for a number of reasons; there are lots of folks that have better/more consistent reasons than I (hip-hop production types). It is clearly being marketed as a "studio" device (at least on the Sweetwater site). No idea how it sounds, but it looks pretty coolio and may be a cost-effective alternative for you... Any chance to "try b4 you buy" and compare the two in your area?

GJ
Gregg Juke
Nocturnal Productions Music Group
Drum! Magazine Contributor
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:01 am

I haven't used this, but Arturia is notorious for releasing hardware with poor reliability and or software support...I personally would look elsewhere.

jzahos
gettin' sounds

Post by jzahos » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:25 pm

Thanks for the thoughts, Greg and kslight. I'm looking for an interface for my office/studio at a university dance department, where I do a lot of composing, sound design, voice over, vocal and instrument overdubs and some mixing. It seems like it might be very cool for those purposes. TT preamps for transferring old vinyl, the USB hub, insert jacks, monitor control features, miniplug and 1/4" dual headphone jacks with independent volume control, etc. I can think of a million ways I'd end up using this. I'm not expecting it to change the world as far as the preamps and A/D-D/A, but I am interested that in something that will not crap out too rapidly...

Anybody with experience with the SPL crimson or similar?

JZ
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
www.jeffzahos.com

syrupcore
deaf.

Post by syrupcore » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:12 am

kslight wrote:I haven't used this, but Arturia is notorious for releasing hardware with poor reliability and or software support...I personally would look elsewhere.
Gotta agree though both the synths were pretty solid at launch. The interface specs out very nicely but you might want to let others be the public alpha team.