Eventide Mixing Link questions

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Meriphew
deaf.

Eventide Mixing Link questions

Post by Meriphew » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:07 am

I just picked up an Eventide Mixing Link along with a Strymon BigSky reverb pedal to use on my vocals for live shows. I was planning on using a Radial JS3 mic splitter to split the initial mic signal.

Radial JS3 output 1 = (Dry signal) JS3 > FOH.
Radial JS3 output 2 = (Wet signal) JS3 > Evntide Mixing Link > Strymon BigSky > FOH.

I'm a bit confused as to how to configure the Mixing Link for use when only using it for a wet signal. I'm also wondering if it would be best to set the BigSky reverb to a 100% wet mix ratio.

I know Joel's an endorser of the Mixing Link, so I'm hoping he'll (amongst any others who might have some solid advice) jump in with some tips/info.

Thx!!

Waltz Mastering
steve albini likes it

Post by Waltz Mastering » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:57 am

For MXLNK wet only set up, you can put the toggle switch under the MIX knob to 'FX ONLY' then the MIX knob becomes FX level (wet level).

There's a couple ways to do this depending on the specific details of the set up. gl
Last edited by Waltz Mastering on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meriphew
deaf.

Post by Meriphew » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Waltz Mastering wrote:For MXLNK wet only set up, you can put the toggle switch under the MIX knob to 'FX ONLY' then the MIX knob becomes FX level (wet level).

The are a couple ways to do this depending on the specific details of the set up. gl
Thx for the info.