URS Strip Pro alternatives?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

rwc
resurrected

URS Strip Pro alternatives?

Post by rwc » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:09 am

I still have URS Strip Pro from 2007. Some software like open broadcaster will only work if I run the 32 bit mode, which is buggy and crashes but all I can use since the 64 bit version won't work with 32 bit plugins. Also, in some software the meters will not work whereas more modern plugins will.

I love the equalizers on this, as well as the LA2A compressor built into it. What can I get that is more "modern"? I don't mean more modern in terms of sound, I mean modern in terms of code so that I can have this same great quality sound & algorithm with newer software.

I'd need a 64 bit, VST 2.x plugin since this is all OBS will work with at this time.

Thank you!
Real friends stab you in the front.

Oscar Wilde

Failed audio engineer & pro studio tech turned Component level motherboard repair store in New York

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Re: URS Strip Pro alternatives?

Post by Nick Sevilla » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:20 pm

I love the Nomad Factory stuff, and you can find them on "sale" sometimes on this website:

http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info ... cts_id=196

They do have all sorts of versions, including 32 bit and 64 bit of most of their plug ins.

They have that "edgy" sound that URS plug ins are known for, plus more knobs to fiddle and play with. Super useful.

Cheers.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.