Waves Central Track Spacer

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Mustang Martigan
takin' a dinner break

Waves Central Track Spacer

Post by Mustang Martigan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:35 am

Anyone use the Waves Central Track Spacer plugin, or others similar ones? It seems like it'd be a helpful tool to teach an mature like me how to carve out eq holes. Anyone agree with this?

I realize most seasoned engineers might disagree and lean toward the "just use your ears" comment, but my ears still need training.. whether it be trial and error, an app like this one, which might make moves I wouldn't have picked up on.

I did notice that it only compares two tracks at a time, via the sidechain. When opening up space in a track's frequency spectrum, is it common place to start with two tracks that want to use the same frequencies? Then once all the conflicting instruments have been settled into their proper sounding space, more can be tweaked to really start making space?

Thanks.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Re: Waves Central Track Spacer

Post by kslight » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:20 am

I haven’t used this Waves plugin, but I am a big fan of Izotope Neutron 2, which sounds like it does the same thing (frequency masking feature?) and will work across as many tracks as you are using Neutron with..it automatically links so no need to setup sidechains or whatever. Also I like the EQ and other tools...

Highly recommend demoing it.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Re: Waves Central Track Spacer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:04 pm

https://www.wavesfactory.com/trackspacer/

More like Wavesfactory, not Waves. LOL.

Anyways, this looks interesting.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.