Re: Reverb Help

Post by Recycled_Brains » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:51 am

drumsound wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:39 am
Recycled_Brains wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:39 am
Mustang Martigan wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:07 am

If I was to grab another delay it'd be the Echoboy. It also emulates the Space Echo along with several other vintage gear. Plus, it's 50% off for the next week. The Echoboy Jr is only $29, but without many of the options the make Echoboy an intriguing buy. I've got alot of demoing to do this week with all these summer sales.
Echoboy does some really cool "reverb"-ish things too. Thing is a game changer for me. I've been having so much fun with it. Def. get the full version.
I've done the really short delay with a lot of feedback thing with Soundtoys Primal Tap and it works really and is super simple to get going.

Yea, Primal Tap is neat too. I dig the distortion part of it. I haven't touched it since I got the Echoboy though.
Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:21 am

Recycled_Brains wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:51 am
drumsound wrote:
Recycled_Brains wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:39 am

Echoboy does some really cool "reverb"-ish things too. Thing is a game changer for me. I've been having so much fun with it. Def. get the full version.
I've done the really short delay with a lot of feedback thing with Soundtoys Primal Tap and it works really and is super simple to get going.

Yea, Primal Tap is neat too. I dig the distortion part of it. I haven't touched it since I got the Echoboy though.
I don't think I've fully unleashed the power of Echo Boy. I should make a point of doing that.

I started on the little Primal Tap and found it really easy to get cool things out of. I've got the bundle now, and there's just so much there...

Recycled_Brains
resurrected

Post by Recycled_Brains » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:44 pm

drumsound wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:21 am
Recycled_Brains wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:51 am
drumsound wrote:

I don't think I've fully unleashed the power of Echo Boy. I should make a point of doing that.

I started on the little Primal Tap and found it really easy to get cool things out of. I've got the bundle now, and there's just so much there...
It's a lot. The presets are great, so I always start there. I don't find it particularly challenging or time consuming to get a good / appropriate sound so far, but I've barely scratched the surface. I still use my memory man or the UAD EP-3 if I want predictable and quick.
Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 pm

I own all the Valhalla verbs and I love them equally. Vintage Verb is especially awesome. I also love Shimmer especially on guitars or strings playing open chords or notes... The tail is incredibly musical and unique. Other than that I use ST Little Plate pretty religiously on almost everything. Simple yet very musical. I recently picked up Waves Abbey Road Chambers on a flash sale they were having and I'm digging it so far. Very cool sounds on vocals, with lots of fun options to play with.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:27 pm

Mustang Martigan wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:07 am
joninc wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:18 pm
Audio thing outer space is worth checking out. Killer space echo emulation (with spring reverb )
If I was to grab another delay it'd be the Echoboy. It also emulates the Space Echo along with several other vintage gear. Plus, it's 50% off for the next week. The Echoboy Jr is only $29, but without many of the options the make Echoboy an intriguing buy. I've got alot of demoing to do this week with all these summer sales.
I own both. For most everyday delay sounds I reach for Echoboy. It covers almost everything. However if I want to really nail that dubby tape echo sound in a way that sounds kind of dirty, I reach for Outer Space. Just seems to have more tape echo manipulations and sounds a little better in that area for that kind of sound IMHO.