Scully 280´s MIC LINE Preamps

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

vivosonido
audio school

Scully 280´s MIC LINE Preamps

Post by vivosonido » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:11 pm

Hi Everyone, my name is Patricio Pierantoni, Im from Argentina, I've recording studio here calls VIVOSONIDO..
This is my first Post!...

I just own 8 Scullys 280s with the originals blue connectors, snakes, etc...without the openreel.
Searching at the web I arrived to a 2004 post about a Scullys custom mod, here in Argentina theres no info available about Scullys... can you tell me more data about your mods?..
I need first of all to make some Power Supply, an then I was thinking about adding Phantom power, -20 Pad, and y read some Post of a custom mod by using Mic Line Pre and playback together, giving 2 ways like modern and vintage sound...

sorry about my english, hope you understand.

Thanks!

djimbe
tinnitus

Re: Scully 280´s MIC LINE Preamps

Post by djimbe » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:09 am

boy, I haven't logged in here in a coon's age. I might have been part of that discussion back in 2004. I used to run Scully 280's all the time and really loved the way they sounded unmodified. Yeah, there's lots of "noisy" transformers that the signal goes through, but I found that part of the magic.

There is a Yahoo group dedicated to Scully gear that you should be able to join regardless of your location on the globe. Seach for that, or search the old Scully threads here, where I'm sure there is a link to the group
I thought this club was for musicians. Who let the drummer in here??

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Re: Scully 280´s MIC LINE Preamps

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:35 pm

djimbe wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:09 am
boy, I haven't logged in here in a coon's age.
Welcome back!