new toy/tool for guitar, bass, uke, mandolin...

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Re: new toy/tool for guitar, bass, uke, mandolin...

Post by ubertar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29 am

markjazzbassist wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:45 pm
ubertar are you the creator of said device?
It didn't occur to me until you asked that that I should've made that clear... I'm sorry if it appeared otherwise. I just figured it would be assumed, but it's not good to assume.

tomb
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by tomb » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:17 am

This thread boarders on violation of board policy about companies advertising products on the board.

Paul, you've been a member here for forever, so in that spirit we like to see what you are up to, but please do not turn this into marketing of a product.

The appropriate place for that is to take out a digital or print ad.

tomb

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:57 am

ubertar wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:27 am
kslight wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:28 am
ubertar wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:19 pm
If you tighten that up and develop it into a piece I'll add a link from the site if you want.
Ah wasn’t my intention to suggest that was anything more than a recording of me within the first moments of trying it out. I’ll let you know if I end up using it on a film cue but that recording will certainly never go anywhere haha
It's not a recording or performance I'd want to do anything with as-is, but the idea behind it is good and could be developed into something really good, I think. Reminds me of Hamza but maybe after a night out drinking. :P
I like where you were going with it though... I think it has potential if you have the time and motivation. If you end up doing more with that, I'd like to hear it. It takes some time to develop technique with the stringhammer to get the most out of it. Like a pick or pretty much anything else worth using or doing...

Cool, thanks, I’m not familiar with Hamza? It is an interesting gadget but will be a couple weeks before I get to spend some quality time with it. I had visions to use it with my Variax on some cues but dropped the Variax off at my tech while I head out of town.

ubertar

Post by ubertar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:29 am

tomb wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:17 am
This thread boarders on violation of board policy about companies advertising products on the board.

Paul, you've been a member here for forever, so in that spirit we like to see what you are up to, but please do not turn this into marketing of a product.

The appropriate place for that is to take out a digital or print ad.

tomb
I'm sorry about that... it's hard to know how to tell people about it without advertising it. The R&D into it was actually inspired by a tomb thread about two years ago, but I couldn't say anything about it while I was working on it b/c I planned to patent it. I have the patent now so I can speak freely but now it's a product and not a project, which makes it kinda awkward. It'll be a while before I'm broke even let alone have a budget for advertising but when the time comes...

I'll leave it alone here now, other than respond to questions. Sorry if I overstepped.

ubertar

Post by ubertar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:36 am

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:27 pm

ubertar wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:36 am
Classic Hamza:

https://youtu.be/tzy6XfRCBYw
Wow I could listen to that all day