Tom Petty Windflowers cover

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

philipgoetz
audio school

Tom Petty Windflowers cover

Post by philipgoetz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:38 pm

I played guitar and sang. I recorded to a Zoom H4n using two mics. Vocal was a Shure SM48 the instrument was a Shure PG47. Yes. These are both $40 mics. I set up the Zoom to NOT have 1 and 2 linked so that one was panned right and the other panned left. I put this audio file into an iMac and then connected a keyboard to the Zoom. This connection was 1/4". I played the track I recorded and added some piano chords. I think the keyboard selected on the keyboard was 'honky tonk piano". I went through again and set the keyboard to 'fingered bass" and added single note at a time bass notes. I then had three audio files, one stereo and two mono and I put them into Adobe Audition and lined them up. Audition can be set up in multitrack mode. This is essentially the same way I used to record on a Fostex XR5 four track tape recorder. I am not too good with multitrack recording in Garageband or directly into Adobe Audition yet... so this was my round about way to work. It turned out ok.

drumsound
zen recordist

Re: Tom Petty Windflowers cover

Post by drumsound » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:35 am

It seems to me that taking an afternoon to learn more about Audition and/or Grargeband would really streamline your process.

philipgoetz
audio school

Post by philipgoetz » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:37 pm

I am open to collaborations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ4W7Pu0Jw0

digitaldrummer
ghost haunting audio students

Post by digitaldrummer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:00 pm

there are several collaboration sites you may want to checkout - this is one I know of (that are mostly home recordists)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/indiemusiccollablab
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com