CD authoring (was on PEAK and TC Spark)

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

detroitdiesel
gimme a little kick & snare

CD authoring (was on PEAK and TC Spark)

Post by detroitdiesel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:45 pm

I'm quantum leaping forward from 2006 tech. I've managed to record countless bands with 16 year old tech but now i have a new mac, new version of DP (4.6 to 10!) and a new rack of interfaces. Don't laugh, everything worked like a reel to reel flawlessly! I run everything through an ABP dynasonics Spectra OTB!!

I used Spark by TC for years for creating masters. (crossfades between tracks etc). How do I do this now? Wavelab?

It looks like there is not even a burn feature in my iTunes included in my new computer (There is not drive, I bought one that is USB to do the job)

I used to do clumsy track order in iTunes. perhaps its futile. People don't listen to discs anyway.

drumsound
zen recordist

Re: CD authoring (was on PEAK and TC Spark)

Post by drumsound » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:46 am

DSP Quatro is good. Its by some of the people who were at Bias. For a time (maybe still) if you had you Peak serial number, they'd give you a discount on it. I needed to help a client a few years ago (I've gotten out of mastering) and they were really cool to deal with and the software works great. I haven't even scratched the surface of what it can do.

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Re: CD authoring (was on PEAK and TC Spark)

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:54 am

I do it all in pro tools. I lay out my tunes in order, clean up tops and tails, set spacing, set up an aux bus with my master processing (eq, limiter, dither, etc) and bounce through that to a new track.
It renders as one long region and I just go in and chop up the tunes, rename them and then export.
If I need to make a CD (which is almost never now) I use Toast.
I don't know DP but I'd imagine you could likely do something similar.