steve albini likes it

Re: I highly recommend REAPER

Post by numberthirty » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:39 am

losthighway wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:02 pm
numberthirty wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:02 pm
Just out of curiosity...

What are the wrinkles/things that seem "Labyrinth..."?
Well, there's a reason I'm not writing a review on the software for a magazine. I've been working on the same idiosyncratic platform for decades, and I'm trying to get "a feel" for the layout of another one by reading the 150 page online manual.

Similar to what folks are saying on here about Reaper, I'm sure there are settings and menus I've never, or have seldom glanced at on my stuff. Some of the perceived labyrinth is probably just the same lauded depth of functionality in the software.

I think it's probably all platform hopping anxiety. I really just wanted a few more people saying, "No I really use it. It's not scary. It looks and works nice once you get used to it. Don't be afraid of change
."
While it might be a bit late, I feel like I can speak for the person who started the thread and myself in saying that much.

While it is complex enough that it will fix your breakfast like that rig in the beginning of Pee Wee's Big Adventure, it will also fry eggs and bacon just fine.

Brian
resurrected

Re: I highly recommend REAPER

Post by Brian » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:41 pm

I just deleted a buncha stuff off my logic hard drive and old logic 9 works again...
I just downloaded mixbus and reaper.
This should be fun.
I was thinking about upgrading logic buuuut, I’ll wait.
Harumph!