Latest Gear You've Un-Acquired....

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

digitaldrummer
ghost haunting audio students

Re: Latest Gear You've Un-Acquired....

Post by digitaldrummer » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:18 am

maybe nobody else is selling as of late... but I am always parting with something to make room for new. Today my cherry burst Gretsch Electromatic G2504 Jet Pro sold. haven't really gotten it out of the case much in several years and I have other guitars that get used more often (like the Firefly FF338), so I didn't really need it (and I'm primarily a drummer...)

I also sold a cymbal the other day - bought it brand new from Sweetwater because it was really cheap, but didn't really like the way it blended with my other cymbals so I sold it (and only lost ~$10 - the tax). I would spend more in time and money to go to a local GC to try the same thing...and then probably have nightmares for weeks later. :lol:
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:11 am

digitaldrummer wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:18 am
maybe nobody else is selling as of late... but I am always parting with something to make room for new. Today my cherry burst Gretsch Electromatic G2504 Jet Pro sold. haven't really gotten it out of the case much in several years and I have other guitars that get used more often (like the Firefly FF338), so I didn't really need it (and I'm primarily a drummer...)

I also sold a cymbal the other day - bought it brand new from Sweetwater because it was really cheap, but didn't really like the way it blended with my other cymbals so I sold it (and only lost ~$10 - the tax). I would spend more in time and money to go to a local GC to try the same thing...and then probably have nightmares for weeks later. :lol:
I get burnt out from dealing with people while trying to sell - I try to set a fair price (like 80% of ebay sold prices) and everyone wants to offer 30% of that, optimistically. "yes, I've got this listed for $2000, I'm absolutely going to entertain your offer of $400." Its not that I'm unwilling to deal, but that kind of "negotiating" rarely works in real life. Probably the same people that go onto a car lot with $1000 in cash and think they hold the upper hand.

digitaldrummer

Post by digitaldrummer » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:19 pm

I totally agree its a pain in the ass. When I have something listed and for $200 and they offer me $100, I reply and tell them $300. or usually I just ignore it. if I know my price is more than fair I will just say "price is firm", but there are still so many people that cannot read.
Mike

markjazzbassist
tinnitus

Post by markjazzbassist » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:44 pm

i am a serial lowballer so it doesn't offend me, i understand where they are coming from. either they are broke and want this piece of gear so badly that is all they can afford OR more likely they are trying to turn a profit and that is their starting point for negotiation to reach their bottom line. I will usually entertain them and counter, which begins a battle to the mid point of their starting low ball and my first offer.

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Post by alexdingley » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:34 pm

finally found a new home for a pair of Primary Source Enhancers — I'm not really doing anything with these of late (and it's unlikely that I would have in the next few years)

Scodiddly
genitals didn't survive the freeze

Post by Scodiddly » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:43 pm

alexdingley wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:34 pm
finally found a new home for a pair of Primary Source Enhancers — I'm not really doing anything with these of late (and it's unlikely that I would have in the next few years)
The bottom dropped out for those things in the live world (their primary market) when they became a free plugin for the more recent Yamaha consoles.

losthighway
resurrected

Post by losthighway » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:38 pm

I sold my jcm 800. Those things went up a lot in the last ten years. Cool amp, beastly loud but not used frequently enough to justify keeping around.

Surprisingly I kept my jcm 2000 because they're way undervalued these days and I can dial in a tone that's ninety percent of the way to the 800.

Shipping valuable tube amps is scary.

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Post by alexdingley » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:27 pm

Scodiddly wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:43 pm
The bottom dropped out for those things in the live world (their primary market) when they became a free plugin for the more recent Yamaha consoles.
Indeeeeeed!

digitaldrummer

Post by digitaldrummer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:13 pm

I had to part with the IYV Thinline Telecaster (ITF-300 NA) clone I bought earlier in the year. After I got the Firefly FF338, Badcat U204 Pro VS and Grote Tele... well, that was too many guitars for a drummer. it was a nice guitar though for the money.
Mike

KuruPrionz
alignin' 24-trk

Post by KuruPrionz » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:02 pm

I sold 8 guitars, a rack bag, a couple of cases and a PA head in the last 4 days.

Time to clear the place out of stuff I don't need or use. More to go soon.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:21 pm

I sold a couple ribbon mics and part of my mobile rig on
tomb recently. I balanced it out by purchasing different junk I don’t need.

Colorblind
takin' a dinner break

Post by Colorblind » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:56 am

Sold my Vox AC15. It was a toss up between that and my Princeton Reverb. Still not sure I made the right choice.

markjazzbassist
tinnitus

Post by markjazzbassist » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:00 am

i'm moving, so selling off fringe gear, once i move to my new house and setup my new home studio i'll get some different stuff.

organ
2 synths
speaker cabinet
couple pedals
spring reverb
mixdown deck

i love clearing out the clutter, it scratches an itch i constantly have

KuruPrionz
alignin' 24-trk

Post by KuruPrionz » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:14 am

Over the weekend I sold several guitars.
It feels good to see the buyer's face light up when they have an instrument.

I've said it before, I am making the world a better place one guitar at a time.

Magnetic Services
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Magnetic Services » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:06 am

Just listed my Ashbory bass with a bunch of accessories on Reverb. I bought it sort of as a "treat yourself" thing, and because I had a song I wanted that sound for, but haven't picked it up in ages. Hoping someone will be psyched to get the whole package with a case, strap, new good strings, and even some talcum powder for playing. If any of you are interested, hit me up!