Weird Audio microphones

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Weird Audio microphones

Post by digitaldrummer » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:49 am

I'm not sure why, but I noticed there are a bunch of Weird Audio mics in the "used" section at Guitar Centers near me, and of course you can get these shipped. They might be b-stock or they might not be. While there is never one mic that will work best for everything, I still stand behind my review of these mics and I use the Little Red Monsters frequently in my studio. For a lot of voices it just works so well (and requires very little processing). Sort of U87 like but its tube. You could buy them new, and I'm sure that would help Weird Audio, or get a deal on these "used" mics. I already have 2 of the LRM and 2 of the W47's so I'm all set! btw, Guitar Center is typically very good about returns on used gear too if something didn't work out. PM me if you want a link to some tracks where I used these model of mics.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/search?typ ... eird+audio
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Re: Weird Audio microphones

Post by digitaldrummer » Mon May 09, 2022 9:00 am

I saw that Tommy (the owner of Weird Audio) posted this in the Weird Audio Group on FB a couple days ago, so thought I would follow up on this post....

Hey! Brand New Microphones! At Guitar Center at used pricing! (Not free). We have traded a lot of Little Red Monsters and Weird 47’s both Mod 1 and Mod 2 to Guitar Centers across Texas. Though they list as used items they are actually Brand New! Had to do it that way to get a foot in the door... full warranty included! You’ll never get an opportunity to own a new Weird Audio mic at these prices! Go on line and check it out but mostly please please share!!! They are not used after all but brand new!

btw, I have no dog in this hunt. I'm only spreading the word about some mics that I reviewed and found very useful in my own studio.
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com